Wednesday, July 30, 2008

More pictures as promised

I'm back in Canada for the next three days, so I thought that I'd update the site with the rest of my pictures from Poland. I'm sure that you're curious to see pictures from Babcia's house and the cabin in the woods that I visited on my last weekend in Poland. Unfortunately I was wrestling with a nasty head cold all weekend, so I wasn't snapping pictures with my usual gusto. I did get some good shots of Czocha (a medieval castle 130 km outside of Wrocław) and of the cabin in the woods of Zapusta. I'm starting to feel better now that I get to sleep in my own bed (yay!) and I hope to be completely recovered by Saturday when we leave for Japan. If I don't get to see or talk to you before I leave again, I appologize, but I hope to post at least once a week from Japan. The itinerary is that we'll be flying to the south-most point of the country then taking a ferry to the small jungle island of Iriomote then make our way progressively northward over the next 30 days or so. Our main shelter will be our tent and I'll be clutching my Japanese phrase book most of the time. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
Now, that I finally got the link to your blog, I'll be able to check up on your travels through Japan. I hope you have an amazing trip!.. and sleeping in your tent will always be a 5 ***** accomodation. Have the best trip ever and post frequently.

Great blog by the way!
Szerokiej drogi!
Joanna

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!! Sorry I missed you when you were home :-( I would have loved to talk! I was up north at a cottage for a week with the fam, it was great. It sounds like you are having lots of fun and absorbing a lot of polish culture. and sausage mmmmm. I know what you mean about the no greens/salad, I felt the same way when we were in Europe. I hope you and Pawel have a blast in Japan! keep up the posts and can't wait to see you & hear about your adventures when you get back!

love Linds