Friday, July 4, 2008

Safe and hungry... I mean sound.

After a delay of more than six hours my flight left Toronto (finally!) at 12:30 am (EST). I think I waited all day to leave without really doing much else. So much anticipation and very little sleep later I arrived at Warsaw Intl. Airport at 3:15 pm local time (+6 hours from EST). One quick jaunt across the terminal, which was not direct by any means since I had to force every poor person wearing a badge or holding a walkie-talkie to speak English to me, and I was on a flight to Krakow. My luggage however had other ideas and is spending some time chillin' in Warsaw. One airplane, one bus and one train later and I was chatting happily with my new Brazillian friend Jose-Louis in the old town square in the center of Krakow. Thanks to the maps that Pawel printed for me I had no trouble navigating accross town to my student residence, however I arrived just after the caffeteria closed... so no dinner for me. I was so happy to arrive during daylight that I didn't stop for food. Well I'm rested and happy and the caf opens in 30mins for breakfast so I'll talk to you later!

No comments: