Monday, July 7, 2008

My first day of school

Today I had over five hours of Polish language lessons (in Polish), three hours of lectures on Polish history and politics and two hours of conversation, so I apologize if my spelling is atrocious. So last week after arriving here we immediately took a placement test to help the teachers decide which level of Polish we should be studying. It was a one hour written test followed by an oral interview. Needless to say, after being awake forever and the jetlag and everything, I bombed the test. So today I was assigned to the A1.1 class, which is the most basic level. We learned how to count to five and to pronounce the alphabet, but I'm happy to report that now I'm in the A1.2 class. Maybe tomorrow I'll graduate to A2 but I doubt it since I can't understand anything anyone says to me. We have this really nice teacher that writes everything on the board which is a big help though. I'm going to fall into bed now and start over tomorrow. P.S. We had strawberry pierogi for dinner, yum.

No comments: